C extension module causes bus error on Python exit

Anand Patil anand at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Jan 30 13:55:09 EST 2007

Hi all,

I was referred to this list from python-help. I've written an extension
module in C which contains several new types. The types can be
instantiated, used, and deleted under Python 2.4.3  on OS X 10.4 without
problems.

However, whenever I import the module Python tries to dereference a NULL
pointer and crashes *at exit*, whether or not I've instantiated any of
the types. I've searched for memory leaks with gc.get_objects and Mac
OS's MallocDebug utility, but haven't found any evidence.

Has anyone run into a problem like this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Anand Patil