howto redirect and extend help content ?

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Sun Jan 28 14:44:51 EST 2007

>> I'm making special versions of existing functions,
>> and now I want the help-text of the newly created function to exists of
<snip>

> Don't you think your users can follow this easy reference theirselves?
My public consist of physicians with some knowledge of MatLab.
I'm trying to give them a system (based on Python) for which no knowledge of Python is needed.
When they put the cursor on the name of a function (in some pre-processing language, preferably
something like LabView), the help text will be shown automatically in a separate window,
without typing any commands.

cheers,
Stef Mientki