newbieee

Thomas Nelson thn at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 8 13:59:23 EST 2007

lee wrote:
> I getting familiarised with python...can any one suggest me a good
> editor available for python which runs on windows xp....one more
> request guys...can nyone tell me a good reference manual for python..

I think vim is a very good editor for python, and it's certainly
available for windows xp.

O'reilly has a book called Programming Python that covers much of the
standard library and how to use it for complex tasks.  It may be out of
date by now, though.  Truthfully the only python references I use
regularly are the online docs and this list.

hth,
THN