Getting started with Crystal Reports...little help in the far court.

Mudcat mnations at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:56:28 EST 2007

I am not that familiar with Crystal Reports, but having read some other
posts I know that the way to integrate the API with Python is through
the COM interface provide by win32all.

However, I have been unable to find any other information on how to get
started. I've used the COM interface before in integrating Excel and a
couple of other things. So I am familiar with how that works. But there
are at least 40 options dealing with Crystal and Business Objects. I
have no idea which makepy file to create or which one provides the
functionality I need.

I'm not looking to do much. All I'm really trying to do is provide one
application where a list of crystal reports can be selected and ran in
series. Right now we have a lot of reports that all have to be run
manually (takes a while). So I think all I need api access to is server
selection, parameter selection, and output formats.

Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks,
Marc