how to mimik a main() function to start a program with entry point?

Roland Puntaier Roland.Puntaier at br-automation.com
Fri Jan 19 08:50:19 EST 2007

Hi,

>From a python module you could use subprocess  and start the exe. Normally
one must leave it to the OS to load a binary module, because there are
certain things done during loading.
Nevertheless the location of the entry point is coded in the binary file
format (e.g. PE for windows or ELF for Linux)
Whether it is possible from python to make an import of a python module in
a python package gone through py2exe, I cannot answer.

But I think you mean how to tell py2exe, where the entry point is. Read:
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial

Roland

python-list-bounces+roland.puntaier=br-automation.com at python.org schrieb
am 19.01.2007 14:30:33: