When argparse will be in the python standard installation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jan 3 14:14:21 EST 2007

PengYu.UT at gmail.com schrieb:
> I feel argparse has some useful things that optparse doesn't have. But
> I can't find it argparse in python library reference. I'm wondering
> when it will be available in the python standard installation.

On its own, never. Somebody has to contribute it to Python, and that
somebody has to be the author.

However, it would be better if missing features where provided in
existing libraries, rather than introducing new libraries to replace
the existing ones (i.e. I would likely reject a patch to add yet another
argument parsing library - we already have getopt and optparse).

Regards,
Martin