ArchGenXML please help

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Fri Jan 12 17:52:47 EST 2007

tonydevlin a écrit :

> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
>>tonydevlin a écrit :
>>
>>>I am creating a workflow in plone using argouml and archgenxml.  I have
>>>been
>>>following the steps on the site:-
>>>http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/anonymously-adding-custom-content-types-with-argouml-and-archgenxml/creating-a-class-and-workflow-with-argouml
>>>
>>>However I am confused at step 9 in creating the class section, where it
>>>says:
>>>"Now, save this file as "ProcessImprovement.zargo".  Pull up a command
>>>prompt and navigate to that directory.  Make sure that you've added the
>>>ArchGenXML directory to your env path, and type the following:
>>>C:\Sandbox\Plone\Tutorial>ArchGenXML.py ProcessImprovement.zargo"
>>>
>>>I have saved the file in the location
>>>C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\Desktop\Test\ProcessImprovement.zargo
>>>However I dont know what to type in the python command prompt!!!
>>
>>Which *python* command prompt ? The author is talking about a shell,
>>here (you know, this strange stuff that looks like good ole time DOS...).
>>

>>--
>>

>>I yes sorry I was obviously not thinking properly, however there is still
>>a problem, when I run this in dos after I have changed to the correct
>>directory the ArchGenXML file that I downloaded does not work.

"does not work" is the worst possible description of a problem.

>> I renamed
>>it from its original name because that did not work, it just came up with
>>can not find program for it to run off.  It still does the same.

The same what ? (no, don't answer)

Tony, I don't mean to be rude, but may I suggest that you first learn to
use your system, then learn to run a  Python program from the command
line on your system ? FWIW, none of the problems you exposed so far is
related to Python...