Matching Directory Names and Grouping Them

J wilder.usenet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:24:04 EST 2007

Hello Group-

I have limited programming experience, but I'm looking for a generic
way to search through a root directory for subdirectories with similar
names, organize and group them by matching their subdirectory path, and
then output their full paths into a text file. For example, the
contents of the output text file may look like this:

<root>\Input1\2001\01\
<root>\Input2\2001\01\
<root>\Input3\2001\01\

<root>\Input1\2002\03\
<root>\Input2\2002\03\
<root>\Input3\2002\03\

<root>\Input2\2005\05\
<root>\Input3\2005\05\

<root>\Input1\2005\12\
<root>\Input3\2005\12\

I tried working with python regular expressions, but so far haven't
found code that can do the trick. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

J.