Resizing widgets in text windows

deacon.sweeney at gmail.com deacon.sweeney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:35:20 EST 2007

Hi, I've been searching for a .resize()-like function to overload much
like can be done for the delete window protocol as follows:

toplevel.protocol("WM_DELETE_WINDOW", callback)

I realize that the pack manager usually handles all of the resize
stuff, but I've found an arrangement that the pack manager fails for.
That is, if one embeds a canvas into a window created inside a text
widget, then resize the text widget (via its container), the canvas and
its container windows do not resize. So I need to resize the window
that the canvas is embedded in. The most obvious way of doing this
would be as above, but there does not seem to be an equivalent to the
"WM_DELETE_WINDOW" protocol for resizing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deacon Sweeney