PyMeld for html templates?

metaperl metaperl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:33:19 EST 2007

Sean Schertell wrote:

> Of course I'm going to try them all but I wonder if anyone has any
> thoughts on PyMeld as a template system for churning out general
> websites?

meld3 evolved from pymeld. I use meld3 -
http://plope.com/software/meld3/
this whole style of templating is known as push-style (coined by
Terence Parr). Most systems are pull-style.

> sorted. But how about PyMeld, any ideas on how to do it or whether it
> will even work as I've described?

the meat and bread problem: each page has meat and you want to wrap it
with some standard bread. it's a basic tree rewrite and since meld3
uses ElementTree underneath, it is a piece of cake.