C/C++, Perl, etc. to Python converter

Matimus mccredie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 10:53:49 EST 2007

I don't know of a converter, one may exist. I have seen similar
requests though and will give you a similar response to what I have
seen. A converter, if it exists, may be able to produce working code
but _not_ readable code. Python is a language whose strength comes
from, among other things, its readability and conventions. Learning
python is best done by using the online documentation
(http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html) and reading existing code (take a
look at the built in modules).

My biggest fear of teaching someone to program by using a program to
convert perl to python is that they will end up writing python that
still looks like perl.

I don't know if it helps, but I know others will give you similar
advice.

-Matt