Python Windows Editors

Ant anthony at pob.org.uk
Sun Jan 21 17:20:03 EST 2007

The pywin32 extension does not contain the python runtime itself, but
comes with many (very useful) classes you can use when interacting with
the windows universe. The editor is based on a component called
scintilla (http://www.scintilla.org/). The referenced site also offers
an editor SciTE based around the component, which comes with some nice
features and syntax files for a number of languages.

If you are going to make use of python on the windows platform, I would
highly recommend the pywin32 extension.

Regards,

Ant