Best way to document Python code...

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Mon Jan 22 17:35:18 EST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:40:57 +0000, Adonis Vargas wrote:

> But a quick look at pydoc (not to be confused with epydoc)
> which is part of the standard library allows you to generate
> documentation in HTML format, and/or serve it over web with its built-in
> HTTP server.
>
> pydoc: http://docs.python.org/lib/module-pydoc.html
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Adonis

The HTML generated by pydoc doesn't link to standard modules properly.
They are generated as relative links.  So it can't be used without
modification for generating docs for a web page about a python package.

I'm struggling with the same issue.  Coding Python is so much easier than
Java.  However documenting Java is so much easier than Python.  Just
include doc comments, run javadoc, and voila!

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>