A problem in embedding Python in a plug-in

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jan 7 14:19:58 EST 2007

On 6 ene, 15:29, Koichi <kotam... at hello.email.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hi, I'm now making a plug-in for a CG software. I embed
> Python in a plugin and it works. The problem is that it
> conflicts with other plugins that also embeds Python because it
> runs in the same thread. I don't know when Py_Initialize() and

Given all those constraints, I think the only safe option is to run
Python in another process.
You write a very simple plugin (NOT in Python, maybe C code) that
spawns another process (the actual Python code) and forwards all
requests to that other process, using some form of IPC.

--
Gabriel Genellina