distutils, sdist and tests

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 00:51:10 EST 2007

Steven Bethard wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:

>> Are you sure that you don't have changes left over in your setup.py when you
>> tested that?
>
> Yep.  (Though I still cleared everything out and tried it again.)
> Here's what I got using an unmodified setup.py and the MANIFEST.in you
> suggested.  Note that the "bdist" version is putting test_argparse.py
> into site-packages.

>  > python setup.py bdist_dumb
> running bdist_dumb
> running build
> running build_py
> installing to build\bdist.win32\dumb
> running install
> running install_lib

Are you sure that you removed the build/ directory? Because if it wasn't there,
distutils would say that it was creating one:

[argparse]$ python setup.py bdist_dumb
running bdist_dumb
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib
copying argparse.py -> build/lib
installing to build/bdist.macosx-10.3-fat/dumb
running install
running install_lib

--
Robert Kern