Python Windows Editors

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Mon Jan 22 14:39:28 EST 2007

W. Watson napisał(a):

> I downloaded python-2.5.msi and installed it. I believe its editor is
> IDE. I understand there's a Win editor called pythonwin. I believe it's
> in the download pywin32-210.win32-py2.5.exe, but I'm not sure if this
> exe file has just the editor or all of Python. Comments? If not how do I
> get the PythonWin editor by itself?

No, there's no "single official Python editor or IDE". You can edit
Python code in any editor you want. When I was on Windows, I used to use
jEdit (http://www.jedit.org/) or Vim (http://www.vim.org/), but others
will give you other advices. Any text editor is only as good as the
programmer who uses it. ;)

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/