How can I create a linked list in Python?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Tue Jan 16 17:54:00 EST 2007

Dongsheng Ruan a écrit :
> Thanks for your kindly help.
> I am new CS student taking datat structure and algorithms with AHO's book
> with the same title.
>
> The book is done in Pascal, which might be an outdated language.

Yes, somehow - but note, that linked lists are the central data
structure of Lisp, which is probably the older programming language
still in use...

Implementing linked lists in Python is not a great deal - it just
doesn't make much sens. It's IMHO much more interesting to learn this
kind of stuff with a low-level language like C or Pascal.

> However, my instructor probably wants us to understand the list ADT better
> by not using the built in list in Python.

Indeed !-)