PyMeld for html templates?

Sean Schertell sean at datafly.net
Wed Jan 17 20:35:30 EST 2007

I'm trying to decide which template system to get married to. I think
I've narrowed it down to PyMeld, Cheetah, or Jinja  but leaning
heavily toward PyMeld because I love the idea that your templates are
*totally* clean and that get manipulated from behind the scenes. This
seems to be elegantly inline with the Sacred Creed of separation of
logic from presentation.

Of course I'm going to try them all but I wonder if anyone has any
thoughts on PyMeld as a template system for churning out general
websites?

One important consideration is that even though PyMeld itself doesn't
support template inheritance so far as I know, I'll need to
accomplish that somehow. I want for a URI request to mysite.com/info
to pull in a layout.html template which will in turn be populated by
the info.html template. I've already got the URI mapping stuff
sorted. But how about PyMeld, any ideas on how to do it or whether it
will even work as I've described?

Thanks!

Sean

::::  DataFly.Net  ::::