Simple Matrix class

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 24 15:24:31 EST 2007

On Jan 24, 1:47 pm, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul McGuire wrote:
> > And the purpose/motivation for "reimplementing it better" would be
> > what, exactly?  So I can charge double for it?
>
> So you can have accurate results, and you get a good linear solver out of the
> process. The method you use is bad in terms of accuracy as well as efficiency.

Dang, I thought I was testing the results sufficiently!  What is the
accuracy problem?  In my test cases, I've randomly created test
matrices, inverted, then multiplied, then compared to the identity
matrix, with the only failures being when I start with a singular
matrix, which shouldn't invert anyway.

One of the main reasons I wrote this was as a simple linear solver for
small order problems, so I would like this to at least be able to do
_that_.  Efficiency aside, I thought I was at least getting the right
answer...

-- Paul