CPU management

Fulvio D'Antonio dantonio at iasi.cnr.it
Fri Jan 5 06:51:12 EST 2007

Hello everybody,
I usally develop a lot of expensive (in terms of CPU usage) algorithms. I would like to develop something that allows my application to run quietly all day long with a little CPU usage, so that I can work in the meanwhile!
I was wondering if there is a way to limit the CPU usage: e.g. 10% instead of 100%, or to let the algorithm to be resumed only when the CPU usage changes.

I think these kind of things are called "resource management". So, are there facilities for this in Python=

I'm running Python2.4 on Windows XP.

Thank you for your help.

Fulvio