Module to read svg

schpok at gmail.com schpok at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 21:59:53 EST 2007

I'm looking for a module to load an SVG document so that I can read out
its contents in some graphics-centric way. For example, path elements
store their vertices in a long attribute string you need to parse. An
ideal module would get me these vertices in a list.

SVGdraw seems to only write, but not read.

I'm interested in a pretty simple subset of the actual spec, where SVG
Tiny is sufficient. W3C's python spec seems just what I want:
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/python-binding.html

Does anyone know if there's an actual free implementation of this?
Before I start salvaging out code from Skencil, is there anything else
I might look at?

Thanks,

Schpok