parent-child object design question

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 31 01:36:03 EST 2007

"manstey" <manstey at csu.edu.au> writes:

> Could I also do something like the following?

I can't immediately see a problem with the code you posted. Does it do
what you want it to do?

> What does it mean to store the parent class as a private variable in
> the child class?

I don't understand this question. It's up to you what it means; I
leave it to the people who know the purpose of the program to decide
whether "parent" is even an appropriate term.

--
 \        "I took a course in speed waiting. Now I can wait an hour in |
  `\                              only ten minutes."  -- Steven Wright |