Simple Matrix class

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:35:30 EST 2007

Paul Rubin wrote:

> You might look at the Numerical Recipes books for clear descriptions
> of how to do this stuff in the real world.  Maybe the experts here
> will jump on me for recommending those books since I think the serious
> numerics crowd scoffs at them (they were written by scientists rather
> than numerical analysts) but at least from my uneducated perspective,
> I found them very readable and well-motivated.

As a scientist (well, former scientist) and programmer, I scoff at them for
their code. The text itself is decent if you need a book that covers a lot of
ground. For any one area, though, there are usually better books. _Matrix
Computations_, which I mentioned elsewhere, is difficult to beat for this area.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco