Rational Numbers

Noud Aldenhoven jwaixs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:52:55 EST 2007

On 1/12/07, Facundo Batista <facundo at taniquetil.com.ar> wrote:

> Noud Aldenhoven wrote:
>
> > There are a (small) couple of other issues where rational numbers could
> be
> > handy. That's because rational numbers are exact, irrational numbers (in
> > python) aren't. But these issues are probably too mathematical to be
> used in
>
> For the sake of me being less ignorant, could you please point me a
> language where irrational numbers are exact?

I'm not sure, but I tought MAPLE could do it. This language has been
designed for solving mathimatical equotations (and other simulair stuf) and
could handle irrational numbers.
But ofcourse irrational numbers could never be exact when printed in an
g-notation (g > 1) system.

But now I mention that sentense is wrong... it should be: "That's because
rational numbers are exact, but in python they aren't most of the time."

To make irrational numbers exact in python should be, I think, more
unefficient than making rational numbers. But they could be very handy too
for calculating maths or physics equotations.

Regards,

Noud

--
<:3 )~