Getting started with Crystal Reports...little help in the far court.

Carl Trachte janencarl at aznex.net
Thu Jan 25 20:38:36 EST 2007

Marc,

    I've been able to get some Business Objects COM functionality in
Business Objects 6.5 (the logging in functionality I have to do through a
call to an Excel VBA macro; otherwise things appear to work for what I'm
doing).

    Unfortunately, I don't have experience with Python in Business Objects
XI or Crystal Reports.  I did have to play with makepy on a couple Business
Objects files to get something useful.  I believe I eventually struck
paydirt with busobj.exe (but don't quote me on it - it's been a while).

    This information probably isn't terribly useful.  The best advice I can
give is to try the respective Crystal Reports and Business Objects XI
executable files with makepy.  If there's no joy there, start working with
the dll's and see if they yield something that works.

    Hopefully someone with a bit more win32 or BO XI experience will chime
in.  In the meantime, good luck.

Carl T.

news:1168293388.349793.256790 at s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...