sqlobject 0.8.0b1 and python 2.5

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 15:48:48 EST 2007

> > To my knowledge, the 0.8.x series is the current line of development, and has
> > made major progress over the previous versions. What makes you think it will
> > be stopped developing? And where does a sqlobject2 come from?
>
> http://www.sqlobject.org/2/

Yes, that's what I meant. The website says:

"""
So, what is this?

This is a project to factor out pieces of SQLObject, and make it more
comfortable to use SQLObject in combination with ad hoc queries, to
build on SQLObject, and generally to do interesting things.
"""

as well as

"""
Right now (Feb 2006) SQLObject 2 is pre-alpha, and is very not
compatible with SQLObject 0.X.
"""

So I was wondering if waiting for sqlobject2 is a good strategy or
going ahead with sqlobject. Probably I'll do the latter (the
DeprecationWarnings also became clear in the meantime, there was some
slight API change between recent versions).