Adding a directory to the Python System Path - Edit the registry?

rweth rweth at cisco.com
Sat Jan 6 14:13:30 EST 2007

redefined.horizons at gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Martin.
>
> I'll take a look at the documentation you pointed out.
>
> Scott
>
> Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
>> redefined.horizons at gmail.com wrote:
>>> I have been trying to find a way to add a directory to Python's sytem
>>> path on my MS Windows XP computer. I did some searching online, but the
>>> only solution I found involved editing the MS Windows Registry. That
>>> seemed a little to hard core. Is there another easier way to do this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Scott Huey
>>>
>> Take a look at:
>> http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html
>>
>> Specifically 6.1.1 and 6.2, perhaps that might answer your question.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> mph

There is a file you can use to extend your system path on my windows box
it is here:
    C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\package.pth

Inside the package.pth I have added:
   C:\\QA\\bin
I think I needed to do this in linux as well (and it worked).
Find your installation path to ../Lib/site-packages and if that file
does not exist create it and add your paths in their own lines no
separators needed.