Executing Javascript, then reading value

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Jan 31 05:52:32 EST 2007

    Melih> In fact what you're describing is exactly what I needed. I ended
    Melih> up finding a way to execute the javascript using Rhino and then
    Melih> capturing the result. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but once I
    Melih> found it out, it works.

There is an embeddable C implementation as well: SpiderMonkey.  It has both
a core engine and a standalone app.  There also appears to a an unmaintained
Python interface: python-spidermonkey.  Relevant URLs:

    http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/
    http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/python-spidermonkey/

Skip