raise UnicodeError, "label too long"

Flavio fccoelho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:43:24 EST 2007

What I am doing is very simple:

I fetch an url (html page) parse it using BeautifulSoup, extract the
links and try to open each of the links, repeating the cycle.

Beautiful soup converts the html to unicode. That's why when I try to
open the links extracted from the page I get this error.

This is bad, since some links do contain strings with non-ascii
characters.

thanks,

Flávio