[Python-Dev] Deletion order when leaving a scope?

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:19:52 EST 2007

Absolutely an irrelevent side effect, especially when you take into
consideration the 4 and counting alternative implementations of the
language.

None the less, I can explain why it is as it is, keeping in mind its
not like that on purpose, its just how it is. Locals are optimized
into an array for fast lookup. Every name assigned to in a function is
known as a local in that function and this internal array holds its
reference. It is simply a product of the array indexes and deletion
order being the same, 0 to N.

http://ironfroggy-code.blogspot.com/