I want to learn

Thomas Ploch Thomas.Ploch at gmx.net
Sun Jan 7 09:02:15 EST 2007

joeyslistings at yahoo.com schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have been "programming" in the .net environment and ide for a few
> years and I am looking to make the switch over to python. I have
> absolutely no python experience whatsoever. I am looking for a python
> guru who has instant messenger or gtalk or whatever who can meet me
> online in the mornings, give me some direction for the day and then
> answer some questions here and there online throughout the day.

So you are looking for a person (no, a guru), that stays by your side
the whole day, gives you answers and helps you learning python.

This is a ridiculous request.

If you want to learn python, you should start with visiting
http://www.diveintopython.org/ and read it. If you have previous
programming experience, this is the place to start.

> Sorry to interrupt the group but since all python gurus appear to be
> happily at work on the next level apps at google nobody responded to
> my craigslist ads.

You can always ask your questions here on the list, there are enough
people that are willing to help.

Thomas