OT: teleporters (Was: General Question About Python)

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Tue Jan 16 14:39:39 EST 2007

Gentlemen:

Y'all really need to be more careful.  Much research has been done on
matter teleportation, and there is ample documentation of the dangers
involved.  The logs of the USS Enterprise alone are rife with the
horrible consequences of "transporters gone wild".(1) In addition, the
historical records of the  NSEA Protector contain a particularly
gruesome account of a "digital conveyor" malfunction which caused the
subject to turn inside out and then explode.(2)

These experiments MUST be conducted under the most rigorous controls to
prevent similar catastrophes.  (Unless, you're using Perl programmers as
test subjects, in which case it's okay.  ;^)

Humorously yours,

Barry