Parallel Python

parallelpython at gmail.com parallelpython at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 13:32:50 EST 2007

> Looks interesting, but is there any way to use this for a cluster of
> machines over a network (not smp)?

Networking capabilities will be included in the next release of
Parallel Python software (http://www.parallelpython.com), which is
coming soon.

> Couldn't you just provide similar conveniences on top of MPI? Searching
> for "Python MPI" yields a lot of existing work (as does "Python PVM"),
> so perhaps someone has already done so.

Yes, it's possible to do it on the top of any environment which
supports IPC.

> That's one more project... It seems that there is significant
> interest in parallel computing in Python. Perhaps we should start a
> special interest group? Not so much in order to work on a single
> project; I believe that at the current state of parallel computing we
> still need many different approaches to be tried. But an exchange of
> experience could well be useful for all of us.
Well, I may just add that everybody is welcome to start discussion
regarding any parallel python project or idea in this forum:
http://www.parallelpython.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,29/board,2.0