Universal Feed Parser - How do I keep attributes?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jan 11 22:43:48 EST 2007

At Thursday 11/1/2007 12:01, Max Erickson wrote:

>Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> > 94089')
> >>u''
> >
> > You have to feed it the *contents* of the page, not its URL.
>
>The online documentation disagrees with you:
>
>http://feedparser.org/docs/introduction.html

You're right, sorry.
Anyway this parser can't cope with attributes in custom elements -
they're just ignored. Only the contents are retained. For the
yweather namespace it's useless then, since attributes are used to
store all the information:

  <yweather:location city="Sunnyvale" region="CA" country="US" />
  <yweather:units temperature="F" distance="mi" pressure="in" speed="mph" />
  <yweather:wind chill="47" direction="350" speed="8" />
  <yweather:atmosphere humidity="38" visibility="1609"
pressure="30.02" rising="2" />

You may try a different library. A generic XML approach like
ElementTree http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm should be fine.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL