Module to read svg

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 06:06:47 EST 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> schpok at gmail.com schrieb:
>> Does anyone know if there's an actual free implementation of this?
>
> For the dom module in it, xml.dom.minidom should work. Depending on
> your processing needs, that might be sufficient.

I don't think it quite fits what the OP is asking for. SVG defines some non-XML
structure for some of its contents. For example:

  <polyline points="100,200 100,100" />

The OP is asking for a module that would parse the "points" attribute into a list:

  [(100.0, 200.0), (100.0, 100.0)]

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."