Reading Fortran Data

Tyler hayes.tyler at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 23:38:43 EST 2007

Wow! Thanks for the help everyone.

I will look into each of your comments in more detail in the morning,
but I'll mention a few things I guess. The first is, the list-directed
output was not necesarily my choice as some of the code is also used by
my supervisor (and her colleagues) and I had to keep the IO similar.
However, for "non-legacy" codes (even though is was upgraded to
Fortran90), I can ensure you that I will employ a more portable format.

Also, I am very interested in the Scientific.IO module mentioned and
will look into it further along with f2py.

Once again, I thank all of you for your replies, I think I even learnt
a few things about Fortran here too....

Cheers,

t.