Getting to an SSH account over a HTTP proxy

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 04:14:10 EST 2007

On 22 Jan 2007 17:16:35 -0800, Nanjundi <nanjundi at gmail.com> wrote:
> BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> > I want to use Python to connect to a SSH account over a HTTP proxy to
> > automate some operations. I thought paramiko would be able to do that,
> > but it can not (it seems).
> >
> > Is there some other Python module that can do what I want?
> >
> > --
> > mvh Björn
>
> Did you take a look at twisted library?
> twistedmatrix.com
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/clients.html
>

> I haven't tried to connect over port 80, but its worth a try.

I looked at Twisted, but I did not understand how it could solve my
problem. I do not want to create my own SSH client and, AFAICT, there
is no SSH client in Twisted. The library also seem to have some
problems with handling HTTP proxies in a transparent way:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1774

--
mvh Björn