what is this?

Huayang Xia huayang.xia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:02:28 EST 2007

Sequence slicing [starting-at-index :  but-less-than-index [ : step]].
Start defaults to 0, end to len(sequence), step to 1.
So l[i::rows] means: slicing start from i, ending with len(l) and step
with rows. So function colsplit(l, cols) returns a list of sequence
with conversion of:

Assume cols = 4:

ABCD
ABCD