Is it possible to fasten the import of cgi?

Cecil Westerhof dummy at dummy.nl
Thu Jan 18 07:59:50 EST 2007

I have a cgi-script dat uses the modules cgi, os, sys and time. Offcourse I
can not time the time used to import time, but os and sys do not take more
as a millisecond. My script itself takes 3 or 4 milliseconds. But importing
cgi takes 95 milliseconds. (This is on my test system a PII 300 MHz. Is
there a way to make this more fast? The import off cgi makes the script at
least 20 times as slow. Something like mod-python is not a possibility. I
could use it on my test machine, but not at the osting provider.