where is Microsoft Speech Object Library 5.1 option in PythonWin 2.5?

siggi smusnmrNOSPAM at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 09:24:49 EST 2007

Hi all,

newbie question:
I'd like to try speech synthesis with PythonWin 2.5.

Problem
******
according to several instructions, such as found on
http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml
and in a book on Python,

I have to select Tools | COM MakePy Utility | Microsoft Speech Object
Library 5.1, SDK 5.1, that is.

However, in my Python 2.5/PythonWin 2.5 installation I find as only option
"Microsoft Speech Object Library 5.0" to select.

Unfortunately, 5.1 is the lowest SDK version I found on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer

Will this PythonWin's Tools | COM MakePy Utility for 5.0 work with SDK 5.1?

Or will PythonWin's Tools | COM MakePy Utility  be updated to SDK 5.1, once
I have SDK 5.1 installed?

Thanks,

Siggi