General Question About Python

sjdevnull at yahoo.com sjdevnull at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 05:55:07 EST 2007

Enteng wrote:
> To those who program in python, what programs do you do?

Some Unix TCP servers, some data-driven command line apps, and some web
stuff.

> Also what community projects are you involved in(OSS probably)?

None that are Python-based, aside from the occasional patch to support
new Python features in Vim or keep it working with newer versions.

> Will mastering the language land me a job?

Maybe.  My last 3 jobs have been for people with experience in C and
Python, or with substantial programming experience and a willingness to
learn C and Python.