arrow keys don't work

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEME.cybersource.com.au
Mon Jan 22 19:14:30 EST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:53:01 -0800, tac-tics wrote:

> I've noticed that in Python 2.5, the interactive prompt does not
> support intelligent use of arrow keys like 2.4 did (up/down for
> previous/next statement, left/right for moving the cursor).

It works perfectly for me.

> What
> exactly is the reason for this and is there an easier fix than
> downgradinig to 2.4? Thanks.

Have you changed your terminal (either the program itself or its config)
so that it is no longer sending the correct codes?

When you hit the arrow key, what happens? Do you just get nothing at all,
or do you get control characters appearing? e.g. ^Z or similar.

--
Steven D'Aprano