wx Python event question

dudds dudds at netspace.net.au
Sat Jan 27 01:56:54 EST 2007

Hi I really haven't used wxPython before and I was just wondering if
there was some sort of timer event that can be used. For example if I
have a database that I want to query at regular intervals and display
the results in a window is that possibly to do under a wx Python
program?

So far I have come across certain event handlers, but they all seem to
wait for something to happen, like moving the mouse, clicking on a
button etc. I just want to display the results of a query every so
often automatically without having to press a button to do so.

I'm not looking for a complete solution as I'm doing this so I can
teach myself Python, but a bit of a hint or a nudge in the right
direction would be great.