How to use time.clock() function in python

samuel.y.l.cheung at gmail.com samuel.y.l.cheung at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 18:32:58 EST 2007

Thanks.

I have a fuction called 'func1'.

def func1:
     # logic of the function

When my script just call 'func1()' it works.
func1()

But when put it under timerit.Timer, like this:
t = timeit.Timer("func1()","")
t.repeat(1, 10)

# want to time how long it takes to run 'func1' 10 times, I get an
error like this:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/timeit.py", line 188, in repeat
    t = self.timeit(number)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/timeit.py", line 161, in timeit
    timing = self.inner(it, self.timer)
  File "<timeit-src>", line 6, in inner
NameError: global name 'func1' is not defined

I don't understand why i can't find 'func1', when I call the function
'func1' directly, it works.
but why when I call it within 'timeit', it can't find it?

Thank you.