OT Annoying Habits (Was: when format strings attack)

Dane Jensen careo at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 20 03:06:53 EST 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 22:51, Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
> "Steven D'Aprano" <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> > Or perhaps I should say:
> >
> > .snoitnevnoc
> > hsilgnE tpada )ylbissop revenehw( dluohs ew os dna ,naitraM ton
> > ,puorgswen egaugnal hsilgnE na no er'ew ,segaugnal hcus era ereht fi neve
> > tuB
>
> First I thought it was Welsh or Cornish or something.
>
> Then it was like being in my first year of school again-
> reading letter by letter.  Never realised how difficult it is.
>
> I suppose it will improve with practice.

Not to steer this topic even futher off topic, but this is something that's
been on my mind lately...

The biggest problem with it that the letters were forwards and not also
backwards (and the parens). But then, it's my understanding that as a
left-handed person, reading and writing backwards is far easier for me than
for the majority that is right-handed. Have any other lefties found that the
case?

-Dane