Problem with win32pipe.popen2

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jan 15 19:02:35 EST 2007

At Monday 15/1/2007 07:24, diego wrote:

>I'm trying to understand how popen2 works. Found in this group, that
>popen2.popen2 can cause trouble so i chose win32pipe.popen2.
>
>have a look a the listing of 2 files:
>ekmain.py:
>**************
>import win32pipe
>
>(stdin1, stdout1) = win32pipe.popen2("test1.py")
>stdin1.write("1\n")
>print stdout1.readlines() # This will print the result.
>**************
>
>test1.py:
>**************
>a=raw_input("a=")
>print "***a=",a
>print "finished!"
>**************
>

>i do not understand, why ekmain.py produces only following output:
>['a=']
>
>why is the stdin1.write("1\n") command ignored?

Using popen4 instead of popen2 we get stderr too, and there is a traceback:
['a=Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File
"C:\\TEMP\\test1.py", line 1,
  in ?\n', '    a=raw_input("a=")\n', 'EOFError: EOF when reading a line\n']

Using "python test1.py" as the popen4 argument we get the expected result:

C:\TEMP>main.py
['a=***a= 1\n', 'finished!\n']

(I don't know why)

>p.s.: i working with python 2.3 on win2000.

I used 2.4 on XPSP2.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL