Problem embedding the Python interpreter and importing win32 extensions

paroutyj at gdls.com paroutyj at gdls.com
Fri Jan 26 13:41:36 EST 2007

I have been playing around with this issue for a while and seen some
answers to the problem so I am reposting it in my quest for a solution.

I am using python 2.2.3, because I am using some dSpace software
(controldesk/automationdesk) that is based upon that version of python. I
have some pre-compiled python modules that come with the dspace
applications. I am pretty sure that those modules use win32com or
pythoncom. I want to use those modules from a C/C++ application or DLL via
an embedded interpreter. I can make it work, but it only works once. I get
an error trying to import those modules again, even after uninitializing
the interpreter (Py_Initialize) and re-initializing it (Py_Uninitialize).
I thought may be using a new sub-interpreter would help but it doesn't so
now I have no idea what I could try. Any ideas?

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.