program deployment

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Fri Jan 5 12:28:23 EST 2007

> hehehe, but what I am thinking: Is it somehow possible to _really_ hide
> the source from being viewed by other persons when using python? Not
> that I want to do that ( I am an Open Source friend ), but that might
> get others that rely on that (commercial) to use python for more
> projects as it is done now.

Yes. I use Python for running background tasks. I wrote many servers in
Python and also websites. Users are using it, but they do not have
access to the .py files. This is one possible way to do it. E.g. hide
the whole computer system from the end users, and allow them to access
some restricted interfaces only.

Of course, you cannot distribute or sell these programs without showing
the source code. You can sell them as a service; that is accessible
remotely. Or you can sell them together with the machine, cased and
stamped. :-)

  Laszlo