Checking default arguments

Igor V. Rafienko igorr at ifi.uio.no
Mon Feb 5 21:09:34 EST 2007

[ George Sakkis ]

First of all, thanks to everyone who replied.

[ ... ]

> I don't know why you might want to distinguish between the two in
> practice (the unique object idea mentioned in other posts should
> handle most uses cases), but if you insist, here's one way to do it:

There is no actual code situation where it happens. I was simply
intrigued by the problem and could not find an answer.

Since {}.pop behaves this way, I checked the C code. Apparently, it
*is* quite easy from C, since PyArg_UnpackTuple and clever initial
values (NULL vs. Py_None) make all the difference.

The inspect-suggestion is, unfortunately, a bit more difficult to
comprehend than I initially hoped for :)

Thanks for all the suggestions

[ ... ]

ivr
--
"...but it's HDTV -- it's got a better resolution than the real world."
		                           -- Fry, "When aliens attack"