Command line prompt broken on XP with Python 2.5 - help!

Endless Story usable.thought at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:20:49 EST 2007

On Feb 16, 9:56 am, "Jim" <jscre... at compuserve.com> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 5:52 am, "Endless Story" <usable.thou... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you talking about the Environment Variables-->System Variable-->path?
> You may want to right click on My Computer-->System Properties-->Advanced-->
> Environment Variables-->System variables-->Path-->Edit.
> And check to see if it's there, if not then add it.

I've already added the new python to my path in this fashion, but to
no avail.

Besides, if it were a path problem in the usual sense, the symptom
would be a message at the command line saying that "python" is not
recognized. Since I don't get this message, it's not a typical path
problem. What it is, I don't know - that's my quandry.